I Was Kidnapped, Brutalized And Robbed – Victim Recounts Ordeal In A Taxi

Ghana taxi

People in Kumasi have expressed worry about how thieves exploit taxi cabs to rob innocent passengers.

A victim who described his horror at the hands of the alleged criminals claimed that he took a cab hoping to travel to his destination only to be abducted, brutalized, robbed, and eventually abandoned at an unknown area.

The victim, who spoke on the condition of anonymity on Kumasi-based Angel FM, stated that he was brutalized and robbed of his belongings in a cab with tinted glasses.

According to the victim, he took a taxi from Patasi to Santasi, which are both towns in Kumasi, after work at around 9 p.m., and there were already two people onboard.

He said that shortly after the cab started off, the passenger next to him in the back seat struck him hard from behind and ordered that he pull out all of his belongings, threatening to murder him if he did not comply.

According to his account, he initially struggled until the other passenger in the front seat moved to the backseat and joined in beating him to subdue him.

"As I got inside the cab, there were two people, one in the front and one in the backseat." "The Taxi was white and yellow," he observed.

It takes roughly 10 minutes to drive from Patasi to Santasi.

"The person next to me assaulted me and held me down in the car just after I moved from where I picked up the cab." So I was like, what happened? I thought I had entered a passenger car. When the car was still driving, the second passenger suddenly joined us in the backseat. When I tried to lift my head, the other person in the front seat hit me with the butt of a rifle. So I asked myself, "Is it me?" I had to hold my own hand for a while before I knew it was myself."

I heard one of them inform the driver on the way that there were cops coming, so they turned around. I could hear everything but couldn't see where we were. I fought them until I noticed I was bleeding. I finally decided to use the handbrake, but he continued hitting me. Afterwards, one of them offered that they remove me out of the car, but the driver insisted on shooting me instead. They eventually blindfolded me and pushed me out of the car. I immediately chased after the cab, hoping to notice the registration number if I could see the number plate. "They took everything on me, including my shoes," he admitted.

On the same programme, more than fifteen callers reported similar experiences with criminals, with Buokrom, a Kumasi suburb, being a known locale for such actions.

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this article are that of the commenters and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.

Previous Post Next Post