Kwesi Nyantakyi Reacts To Anas Aremeyaw Losing Defamation Case

Kwesi Nyantakyi and Anas Aremeyaw

Kwesi Nyantakyi, the former president of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), applauded the Accra High Court's decision in favour of Kennedy Agyapong in the defamation case brought by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas against him.

Kennedy Agyapong had aired a video titled "Who watches the watchman" in reaction to Anas's number 12 documentary, which brought down Nyantakyi, which prompted Anas to file a defamation lawsuit against him. The court, however, rejected Anas's request for a GHC25 million defamation penalty and instead levied a GHC $50,000 punishment.

Nyantakyi remarked, "Today's High Court ruling has revealed the truth," on Kennedy Agyapong's Oman FM. Everyone is aware of Anas Aremeyaw Anas' falsity. He is an extortionist and a blackmailer, according to the judge.

Nyantakyi said, "When my case arrived, he made someone come and meet me, accusing him of trying to extort money from me in the past. He dispatched Kwame Gyan to see me; I don't know Kwame Gyan and have never met him.

"He went and brought Adam Mukaila, and he took him to my house, where they demanded that I give them a significant sum of money to put the matter to rest."

Nyantakyi said, "Those that pay the money, they'll cancel the video. Anas runs an extortion ring and only publishes footage of people who refuse to pay. As I refused to pay them when they demanded it, they published my issue to the world. They have done it to me previously.

"The Tiger IPI group is a terrorist organisation, as I've already said."

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this article are that of the commenters and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.

Previous Post Next Post